Here’s a selection of 2 short green movies that are sure to leave you spellbound. The first one is a 2 minute video courtesy BBC ONE. It is a movie set to the tune of ‘What a wonderful world’ featuring the voice of David Attenborough.
Nature by numbers
The second film is inspired by numbers, geometry and nature, and has been made by Cristóbal Vila.
We hope you’ve enjoyed these green movies. Every month we will keep adding new green movies to our list.
Follow the link to see our full selection of green movies>>
If you know of any other movies that we should add, do send us the link in the comments box below.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Films, tagged Fables, Films on Environment, green movie, Interesting facts about forests, interesting facts about the forest, Movie, Nature, Nature video, Of forests and men, Yann Arthus on January 4, 2012|
Leave a Comment »
In this short green movie, Yann Arthus-Bertrand captures some interesting facts about the forest. He was appointed by the United Nations to produce the official film for the International Year of Forests. Be amazed by the beauty of these enchanted forests through stunning visuals accompanied with narration by Edward Norton.
Interesting facts about forests:
1. Forests cover almost one third of total land area on planet Earth.
2. Forests are the ‘lungs of the earth’. They supply us with fresh oxygen and remove CO2 from the atmosphere.
3. More than 75% of the world’s usable freshwater comes from forested areas.
4. Rather shockingly, 36 million acres of natural forest are lost each year. Which is more than the size of England!
5. More than 300 million people around the world live in forests.
6. More than 1.5 billion people depend on forests to earn a living.
7. The total global trade in forest products was valued at around $379 billion in 2005.
*Source of facts UNEP
Forests are important for our future because they help us get clean air and clean water. But at the current rate can you figure out by when all the forests of the world will disappear? It is sooner than you think.
So what can we do? Here are some simple but important steps:
1. Lessen the use of forest products, like wood and paper.
2. Support organizations that are trying to save our forests (LINKS).
3. Protect local forests near your area and if possible plant a few trees.
4. Raise awareness among people by sharing this information.
If you have other suggestions, ideas or interesting facts about forests please put them in the comment box below.
Read a fable about the Forest of Gold>>
See more Green Movies>>
Read Full Post »